Dr. Lovelock was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and attended medical school at the University of Pittsburgh. He completed his residency at the University of Chicago and cardiology fellowship at Emory University. He completed an additional 2-year electrophysiology fellowship at Emory University.
Dr. Lovelock is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Diseases, and Board Certified in Electrophysiology. He is a member of American College of Cardiology and the Heart Rhythm Society (previously NASPE). His special interests include treating patients with irregular heart rhythms including atrial fibrillation, palpitations and/or fainting spells.
He is skilled in the following procedures:
- • Cardiac ablation ( atrial fibrillation, supraventricular tachycardia, ventricular tachycardia)
- • Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
- • Cardioversions
- • Implant of event implant/explant
- • Implant of and management of Bi-Ventricular devices (device that paces both lowers chambers of the heart), Cardiac Defibrillators and Pacemakers
- • Laser device lead extraction
- • Electrophysiology studies (EPS)
Dr. Lovelock cares for patients in our Lawrenceville, Snellville, and Gainesville offices.